This book tag has floating around in Youtube and it sounds interesting and fun to do so I decided to do it because why not? The tag was originally created by TheBookArcher, so go and check that out.
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like.
I have only one answer for this question and it’s “The Infernal Devices” series. I honestly don’t understand why is there all this hype around this series. I didn’t like the characters and the story. I was bored while reading the first book (Click on the link to read the review) and I am not planning to finish the series.
2. A popular book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Hmmm… for this one I will say Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami. I read this book in the beginning of the year and I was so excited because the people around me really loved the book. But, when I read it, I hated it so much! It was a waste of my time.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) or an OTP that you don’t like.
My least favorite OTP is Isla and Josh from Isla and the Happily Ever After. I hated them as a couple and that’s mainly because of Isla’s personality. I wish they didn’t end up together.
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
Science Fiction for sure and that’s because I don’t enjoy reading things that takes place in the space and I don’t enjoy reading about Aliens at all.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Will Herondale for the Infernal Devices. Everyone is crazy about him and I don’t get it! He is a absolute JERK.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Again, I will have to mention Cassandra Clare. Her writing style is way to descriptive, which makes feel too bored while reading, so after reading Clockwork Angel, I gave up on her books for good.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Hmmm… I think corrupt governments in dystopian novels. These books have a repetitive theme and eventually they end up to be the same. It’s all about the survivor of the fittest and the strongest… blah blah blah.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Outlander. I started with the first book and the story was too stretched out and I didn’t like the characters at all, and honestly it was boring, and the books get bigger with every book and it don’t seem like it worth my time.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
To Kill A Mockingbird. I read the book and I didn’t like it AT ALL! I don’t get the hype around it but when I watched the movie and I enjoyed more than the book. I find it way better.